Film Title

Charles Bukowski's Nirvana

Charles Bukowski's Nirvana revolves around a young man traveling to an undetermined destination, questioning his purpose in the world. Along the young man's aimless journey, he encounters a moment in time at a charming diner. In just that moment something is awakened inside of him, but even with a sense of purpose, sadness follows. "Nirvana" is a melancholy postcard from memories long past.

What we hope we captured, by developing his poem into a short film, is the essence of those feelings of longing and nostalgia. The kind of memories that hurt your heart a little.

https://vimeo.com/54754006

736 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Patrick BiesemansPatrick Biesemans shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Richard GallahueRichard Gallahue commented  · 

Please don't let this be the last adaptation that you do of a Bukowski poem.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Awesome work! Haven't we all been on this bus sometime in our lives? "V" you are a very special lady, Thanks for allowing me to enjoy this.....

• Mario Schmole SundhausMario Schmole Sundhaus commented  · 

Ein fettes Like! Für das Verhältnis von IN- und Outside, für Liebe, Sehnsucht und Distance..... und tolle Bilder.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Magnifiquement filmé, cadré, éclairé, une musique subtile...

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

A provocative, dreamlike journey accented with rhythmic overtones and captivating visuals. Beautifully executed.

• John RobinsonJohn Robinson commented  · 

Really very beautiful. Loved the music and the atmosphere and Zack's reading. Thanks Zack for pointing me to this!

• neville trickett itswhatimintoneville trickett itswhatiminto commented  · 

As i said in my comment to Patrick, this is truly amazing. The fact he put film to Bukowski's Nirvana first deserves outright first place. Send it to Tom Waits, he'll love it.

• Kerry FitzharrisKerry Fitzharris commented  · 

Watching Bukowski's Nirvana was like stepping inside one of those snow globes (always a fantasy of mine.) I could have happily stayed in that diner forever, in that black and white world, with the snow falling hypnotically outside. The music created a lovely sort of tension that held you suspended in that world, transfixed. Powerful on all counts.

• Damon BrownDamon Brown commented  · 

The soundtrack really supports and enhances the experience of the poetry.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hauntingly gorgeous. Aled's music is hypnotic and awakening at the same time. Each frame is a meditation. Can't wait to watch the movie a few more times.

• Martin CoxMartin Cox commented  · 

Mesmerizing! Breathtaking! Exhilarating!

• naynay commented  · 

great job!!!!

• JeffJeff commented  · 

Amazing, beautiful, moving.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Loved it! Excellent job!

• JennaJenna commented  · 

Love it! Good job fellas!

← Previous 1

Submit a Film

Feedback and Knowledge Base